Friday, July 24, 2009

Pros and Cons of Starting a Home-Based Business

This short video clip describes some basic pros and cons to starting a home-based business. There's a lot to consider when thinking about working from home.





I find myself now wondering how I will handle not having medical insurance after I am completely off SSI. That is one difficult thing about being disabled and moving from having medicare or state medical assistance to no insurance unless you can find an affordable policy for people who are self-employed. One of the first things that I will be doing as I prepare to get off SSI is to set up an emergency fund to help cover any unexpected costs such as home repairs or medical expenses.

It's important to remember that working from home is not like taking an eternal vacation. It is a lot of work. In my situation, it is really my only option. So, I will keep doing what I am doing and press forward. For some people, it may be better for them to work on starting a small home-based business while working a regular job until they see how the income is from their home business.

No comments:

Post a Comment